We're down to our last hour before hitting the airport (hopefully for a smooth check-in), and it's hard to believe we're already leaving. We've done so much in the last two weeks, to the point where it's almost unbelievable.
Our last week in Hong Kong has been really interesting, and I actually think there's a good chance that I would study here. I'm not exactly sure which one, but CityU has an incentive for me, since the dean said a UIUC student would get free housing, and if you have a good GPA, a small stipend (enough for some small pocketmoney) as well. Both seem to have strong programs, but I think if I did study at CityU I would try to get in on the labs working on Chinese medicine. However, I'm sure that the other three universities we've seen have something similar. CityU was just the only one who showed the lab to us.
However, CityU's biology and chem program seem to be very agriculturally based, but it was interesting, since they also are doing work in trying to save the horseshoe crab from extinction. ^^ They had a few older ones (50-60 years old!) to very tiny 3-month old ones.
One thing about HKUST I like though is how quiet it is, and how beautiful the campus is, along with their strong program. The city here is amazing, but deep down inside I'm still a small town girl. I like how HKUST is really close to the city, but also is disconnected at the same time. NTU was like that as well, but was actually in the city, yet was amazingly quiet.
Well, I have to do more packing now, and hopefully won't get charged with an excess weight fee. I bought a lot of small gifts, and also those college brochures weigh a lot...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment