So the last blog covered most of what happened on New Years Eve. I feel a few points need elaboration though. While they were just in the presence of the President of the University, I was sitting next to the guy. I don't think I have ever heard a man laugh more than he did during that meal. He barely ate anything because he spent all of his time laughing at/with us and making jokes. It was by far my favorite company for a meal that I have had in a long time. I was very scared when I first realized that the last seat at the table was to the President of NCTU's left. I assumed that I was going to have to be very proper, watch what I say, and be on my best behavior.About 5 minutes into the meal, he is being a most accommodating host, and laughing and telling stories about his time spent teaching at the University of Illinois. Barely 5 minutes later, I am laughing so hard that I missed the pork going around for like the 3rd time, but I didn't care because I was enjoying the meal so much. I was incredibly lucky being able to sit next to this amazing man. After 2 hours of gut-busting fun, we called it a night and I had my picture taken with him, just me and him.
If I don't remember anything else from the trip but this dinner, I will have been satisfied with going on the trip. Luckily for me, there have been so many other amazing times so far that other people have talked about that this trip has been incredibly satisfying.
Thank you IPENG!
No comments:
Post a Comment